Our skilled Houston dentists are equipped to perform all facets of the dental implant procedure, from the implantation of the post to the placement of the porcelain crown implant restoration. This process allows us to offer the highest-quality care and customization at every stage of implant treatment. In more difficult or complicated cases, we may also refer to implant specialists.
Dental Implant Benefits
Dental implants have become the most popular choice for tooth replacement among patients seeking to rebuild their smile with a long-lasting, functional and natural looking restoration. Whether you are missing one tooth or several teeth, no other method of tooth replacement offers the realistic appearance and function of dental implants. Here are some of the top reasons our patients choose dental implants:
- Dental implants are more common and advanced than ever before, and the innovative materials, technology, and placement techniques our dentists use allow for exceptional results.
- In the long run, dental implants have proven to be an extremely cost effective method of tooth replacement for many individuals.
- Dental implants preserve healthy teeth adjacent to a missing tooth that would otherwise be altered by the placement of a fixed dental bridge.
- The implanted post preserves the integrity of the jawbone by preventing bone loss and movement of surrounding teeth.
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
Good candidates for dental implants generally include those who:
- Have one or more missing/badly damaged teeth
- Are frustrated with their removable tooth replacement options
- Display good overall oral health
- Have adequate bone density to support dental implants
- Desire a long-lasting tooth replacement option
- Are free of medical conditions that could affect the efficacy of treatment
A consultation at Designer Smiles is the best way to find out if dental implants are the right tooth replacement solution for you. For patients interested in dental implants, our experienced dentists perform comprehensive dental exams and utilize state-of-the-art 3D digital scans to determine candidacy. In some cases, your dentist may recommend certain dental treatments and/or bone grafting procedures to achieve improvements in oral health and jawbone density prior to implantation.
Single tooth implants are made up of one implant post and a custom dental crown restoration. These types of implants can be used to replace just one tooth, or several teeth individually. Since the structure of this option closely resembles a natural tooth, these implants can be maintained with normal twice daily brushing and flossing, in addition to regularly scheduled professional cleanings and exams.
When replacing a series of adjacent teeth, patients may opt for multiple-teeth implant options. Implant secured bridges and partial dentures use two or more dental implants to hold the custom restorations in place.
With less healing time and a lower price point than traditional dental implants, mini-dental implants can be used to fix full and partial dentures in place. Additionally, the candidacy requirements for mini-dental implants are generally more inclusive to a broader range of patients.
Upper or lower full-arch dentures can be secured with four or more dental implants. When all of the upper and lower teeth are replaced with implant dentures, the process is often referred to as a “full mouth reconstruction.”
“Your mouth is your health. And I am a firm believer in that.”
Choosing the Right Dental Implant System for You
At Designer Smiles, our approach to implant dentistry is never “one-size-fits-all.” Our experienced dentists incorporate the most advanced technology, materials, and techniques to deliver superior outcomes with individualized treatment. We offer several different dental implant systems to provide patients with reliable, long-lasting, and natural-looking results from their dental implant procedure. While many dental implant centers only offer one or two dental implant systems, we are proud to offer a broad range of five state-of-the-art dental implant systems. The systems we work with allow us to provide the highest level of treatment customization, which can lead to high implant success rates and patient satisfaction.
After evaluating many dental implant manufacturers, our dentists have selected the following options due to their dependability and versatility:
- Keystone Dental
- Implant Direct®
- 3M™ Mini Dental Implants
The proper system for each patient depends on their unique diagnosis and needs. Through comprehensive diagnostic treatment planning with the help of the PreXion® Cone Beam, our dentists are able to develop fully-customized dental implant solutions. The PreXion® Cone Beam captures 3-dimensional, 360-degree digital scans of the teeth and jaws, giving our dentists the opportunity for accurate assessment of all relevant dental concerns and reliable observation at all stages of surgical planning.
Our dentists are knowledgeable in the benefits and capabilities of each dental implant system and are skilled in choosing the right combination of implants and restorations to create full, healthy, and confident smiles that can last for decades.
Dr. Ann is absolutely brilliant! I love her work and I love my smile!
Giselle Saroufim Kunzat
September 14, 2017
Dental Implant Procedure at Designer Smiles
Dr. Ann Haggard has extensive training in the placement of dental implants, abutments, and restorations. The implantation portion of the procedure is the most complex and intensive stage, but in the hands of experienced professionals like our dentists, you can feel safe and confident that implantation will be handled with the utmost skill and attention to detail. The dental implant process begins with a thorough evaluation of your medical and dental history, followed by a full examination and 3D-scans of the mouth with the PreXion® Cone Beam. Once an inclusive assessment has been completed, your dentist will devise a comprehensive treatment plan covering all phases of the dental implant procedure.
Four Stages of Implant and Crown Placement
There are four major steps involved in the dental implant treatment:
- Tooth Extraction – If the tooth or teeth are not already missing, they will be removed to make room for the implant(s). In some instances, a bone graft and period of healing may be required before the new titanium tooth root(s) can be placed.
- Implant Placement – The titanium implant post is surgically placed in the jawbone directly below the site of your missing tooth. Depending upon the type of implant restoration being placed, your procedure may require that the gums heal over the implant before the restoration is placed, or it may be possible for the restoration phase of the procedure to begin immediately.
- Abutment and Crown Preparation – When the titanium implant fuses with the surrounding bone tissue and fully heals, the abutment (which attaches the restoration to the implant) and crown (the replacement tooth) can be made. In certain cases, the gum tissue that has healed around the top of the implant root may need to be trimmed away for aesthetic purposes. Dental scans will be taken of the area to provide fit and shaping guidelines for the crown, which are then sent to a trusted dental laboratory for fabrication of the final restoration.
- Crown Placement – Once the restoration is created at the lab, your implant dentist will place the abutment atop the implant root and attach the crown, bridge or denture to finish the procedure.
For most patients, Dr. Ann Haggard is able to perform the entire dental implant procedure at Designer Smiles. From consultation to final placement of your restoration, our team is dedicated to giving you the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve.
Cost of Dental Implants
Each dental implant treatment plan is highly customized, which means the overall price can vary based on the patient’s needs and goals. Several variables must be considered to determine the precise cost in every case, including:
- Any extractions, dental treatments, or bone grafts required to prepare for implant placement
- The number and type of dental implants used
- Location(s) in which the implant(s) will be placed
- Anesthesia and/or sedation expenses
- Type of restoration(s) secured to the top of the implant(s)
- Material used to fabricate the restoration(s)
- Complexity of the case
If you are curious about how much it would cost to get dental implants, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists. After developing a personalized treatment plan during your visit, your dentist can provide an accurate quote for the total expense of your procedure.
Some of our patients choose to take advantage of the dental financing options we offer through third-party lenders to make paying for treatment more affordable. The companies we work with, CareCredit® and Lending Club, provide flexible low- and no-interest payment plans to eligible individuals. A knowledgeable member of our team can explain the application process and help you on your way toward achieving the full, beautiful smile you desire.
Contact Designer Smiles for Dental Implants
At Designer Smiles, our dentists have helped restore many smiles with dental implants. If you are missing teeth and would like to find out more about dental implants, we encourage you to contact our practice today to schedule a consultation with on of our dentists. We can help you explore your options for regaining healthy teeth and a confident smile.