Dental implants are the most innovative and reliable solution available for replacing missing and/or severely damaged teeth. Unlike more traditional tooth replacement options, dental implants are incredibly durable and look, feel and function as though they are natural teeth. Dental implants are fixed in place much like a natural tooth, which eliminates the unreliability that sometimes accompanies removable dentures and bridges. Furthermore, they are in many ways the best option for maintaining your dental health, and they also perform the important function of preserving jawbone structure.
Our Cosmetic Dentist, Dr Ann Haggard, is equipped to perform the entire dental implant procedure from the implantation of the post to the placement of the implant crown. This process allows us to offer the highest quality care at every stage of the implant procedure. This process allows us to offer the highest-quality care and customization at every stage of the implant procedure. In more difficult or complicated cases, we may also refer to implant specialists.
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
Dental implants have become the most popular choice for tooth replacement among patients seeking to rebuild their smile with a long-lasting, functional and natural looking restoration. Whether you are missing one tooth or several teeth, no other method of tooth replacement offers the realistic appearance and function of dental implants. Here are some of the top reasons our patients choose dental implants:
- Dental implants are more common and advanced than ever before, and the innovative materials, technology, and placement techniques our dentists use allow for exceptional results.
- In the long run, dental implants have proven to be an extremely cost effective method of tooth replacement for many individuals.
- Dental implants preserve healthy teeth adjacent to a missing tooth that would otherwise be altered by the placement of a fixed dental bridge.
- The implanted post preserves the integrity of the jawbone by preventing bone loss and movement of surrounding teeth.
Choosing the Right Dental Implant System for You
At Designer Smiles, our approach to implant dentistry is never “one-size-fits-all.” Our experienced dentists incorporate the most advanced technology, materials, and techniques to deliver superior outcomes with individualized treatment. We offer several different dental implant systems to provide patients with reliable, long-lasting, and natural-looking results from their dental implant procedure. While many dental implant centers only offer one or two dental implant systems, we are proud to offer a broad range of five state-of-the-art dental implant systems. The systems we work with allow us to provide the highest level of treatment customization, which can lead to high implant success rates and patient satisfaction.
After evaluating many dental implant manufacturers, our dentists have selected the following options due to their dependability and versatility:
- Keystone Dental
- Implant Direct®
- 3M™ Mini Dental Implants
The proper system for each patient depends on their unique diagnosis and needs. Through comprehensive diagnostic treatment planning with the help of the PreXion Cone Beam, our dentists are able to develop fully-customized dental implant solutions. The PreXion Cone Beam captures 3-dimensional, 360-degree digital scans of the teeth and jaws, giving our dentists the opportunity for accurate assessment of all relevant dental concerns and reliable observation at all stages of surgical planning.
Our dentists are knowledgeable in the benefits and capabilities of each dental implant system and are skilled in choosing the right combination of implants and restorations to create full, healthy, and confident smiles that can last for decades.
Dental Implants at Designer Smiles
Dr. Marcus Haggard and Dr. Ann Haggard both have extensive training in the placement of dental implants, abutments and restorations. The implantation portion of the procedure is the most complex and intensive stage, but in the hands of experienced professionals like our dentists, you can feel safe and confident that implantation will be handled with the utmost skill and attention to detail. The dental implant process begins with a thorough evaluation of your medical and dental history, followed by a full examination and 3D-scans of the mouth with the PreXion Cone Beam. Once an inclusive assessment has been completed, your dentist will devise a comprehensive treatment plan covering all phases of the dental implant procedure.
Four Stages of Implant and Crown Placement
There are four major steps involved in the dental implant treatment:
- Tooth Extraction – If the tooth or teeth are not already missing, they will be removed to make room for the implant(s). In some instances, a bone graft and period of healing may be required before the new titanium tooth root(s) can be placed.
- Implant Placement – The titanium implant post is surgically placed in the jawbone directly below the site of your missing tooth. Depending upon the type of implant restoration being placed, your procedure may require that the gums heal over the implant before the restoration is placed, or it may be possible for the restoration phase of the procedure to begin immediately.
- Abutment and Crown Preparation – When the titanium implant fuses with the surrounding bone tissue and fully heals, the abutment (which attaches the restoration to the implant) and crown (the replacement tooth) can be made. In certain cases, the gum tissue that has healed around the top of the implant root may need to be trimmed away for aesthetic purposes. Dental scans will be taken of the area to provide fit and shaping guidelines for the crown, which are then sent to a trusted dental laboratory for fabrication of the final restoration.
- Crown Placement – Once the restoration is created at the lab, your implant dentist will place the abutment atop the implant root and attach the crown, bridge or denture to finish the procedure.
Contact Designer Smiles for Dental Implants
At Designer Smiles, our dentists have helped restore many smiles with dental implants. If you are missing teeth and would like to find out more about dental implants, we encourage you to contact our practice today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ann Haggard. Our dentists will help you explore your options for regaining healthy teeth and a confident smile.